Friday, August 14, 2009

Freezer Queen


So, in the process of moving I am playing the "Cleaning out the fridge and freezer, so let's see what we can come up with," game. Interestingly enough, I made something utterly delicious last night.

**Shout out to my mother is necessary as she taught me how to make the most out of your freezer...***

For all my fellow foodies, try this out!

Artichoke and Edamame puree

Ingredients:

Frozen Artichoke Hearts, thawed ( about 9 hearts )
2 cloves of garlic (for the brave, or for you garlic wimps, 1 clove will do)
2 Tablespoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 cup of Frozen Shelled Edamame, thawed
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a food processor, puree the garlic with the olive oil. Once it has made a slight paste, add the edamame. Puree until edamame has combined with the garlic paste. Add the artichoke hearts and Parmesan. Puree once again. Add salt and pepper to taste....

I put this on top of salmon that I found in the freezer. It was vacuum packed salmon from Trader Joes. Really impressed by the frozen fish selection they have.

Voila! Delish and easy as pie...It's amazing what you can make from all the random stuff you have in your freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy, and even I can eat it, save for the cheese. Will definitely try.

    ReplyDelete